Virgin Experience Days Introductory Flying Lesson
- Was £119.00
- Now £95.00
- Save £24.00
- In Stock
Feel the adrenalin rush as you take the controls of a light plane and soar across the sky! This Virgin Experience Day introductory flying lesson will never be forgotten.
There are more than 40 flying lesson locations to chose from around the country, so you won't have to travel too far to experience this incredible day out.
Your flying lesson starts with a briefing from your instructor before the flight, covering safety and an introduction to some of the controls.
Once in the plane, you will be given headphones so that you can hear conversations between your instructor and air traffic control, and so that you can talk with your instructor. And when you get in the air, you'll be able to take over the controls - though your pilot will generally land the plane and taxi back. You should allow an hour for the whole experience. The flight will last approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Choose from over 40 locations nationwide
- Restrictions: Min age: 12 (under-18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Max height: 6ft 4 inch
- Max weight: 18 stone (114kg)
- Vouchers are valid for 10 months
Why not take a helicopter flight over the centre of London where you will be treated to a unique view of all the major attractions like the London Eye, Buckingham Palace and Houses of Parliament. You will be treated to a truly unique view of the Capital city and a trip to remember. Make sure you bring your camera with you because this will be a unique opportunity to take in the sights of London from a very different perspective.
The flight departs from Chessington in Surrey. You should allow approximately one hour for the whole experience. The flight itself will last approximately 30 minutes. Guests are requested to arrive 30 minutes before the flight time. Available on selected weekend dates throughout the year. Spectators are welcome to wait at the airfield while you take your flight.
Please Note: During the London Olympics 2012 there is a no flight zone over London. Therefore this experience will not be able to be booked during the Olympics events.
- Minimum age 2 years however all children must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Maximum weight: 16 stones
- Maximum height: 6.5ft.
- You should not fly if you suffer from epilepsy or are pregnant, please check with Doctor prior to booking if you have any health concerns.
- Locations; Essex - Damyns Hall; Surrey- Redhill.
Ever wanted to experience a 'barrel roll' or 'loop the loop' in an aircraft? Get ready to see the world from a different angle. Experience the thrills of aerobatic manoeuvres which may include loops (the world becomes all green then blue and then all green again), rolls, stall turns, chandelles and steep turns.
Your instructor will start the experience with a pre-flight briefing enabling you to understand how the aircraft is capable of aerobatic flight. Once in the air your instructor will accelerate the aircraft to over 100mph before starting a sequence of aerobatic manoeuvres which may include loops, rolls, wingovers and even the dreaded spin. All this takes place several thousand feet in the air. Due to the nature of this experience you will not be able to take the controls so just sit back and enjoy.
- Pre-Flight briefing
- The flight will last 25-30 minutes.
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card.
- PA cover to a value of £50.00 plus cancellation indemnity
- Please allow an hour for the whole experience.
- Minimum height: 5 foot (guideline only)
- Maximum height; 6 foot 4 inch (guideline only)
- maximum weight; 16 stone (guideline only)
- Spectators welcome to the airfield but views may be restricted as you fly away to complete the flight.
- Cambridgeshire - Peterborough; Essex - Stapleford Tawney; Norfolk - Norwich; Staffordshire - Burton on Trent; Surrey - Camberley; Surrey - Redhill; West Sussex - Shoreham.
Imagine a wind tunnel that could be used for testing the aerodynamics of an F1 racing car, turn it upright, step into the airflow and you're skydiving! Its a proven concept operating in several countries to the benefit of the skydiving community and anyone else who wishes to taste the thrill of free-fall in a completely safe environment. Now you can experience the joy of human flight by easing yourself onto a 120mph air stream.
You'll meet the instructors who'll run through all of the fundamental training required before you can - this session is good fun! Instructors will then help you to 'kit-up' in a flight suit, helmet, goggles- then it's on tot the wind tunnel where you'll experience your flight. You will receive two flights of one minute each (that's the same free fall time as 3 tandem skydives). After your flight you'll be presented with a DVD of your flight as well as a flight certificate signed by the instructor.
- Minimum age: 12 years (under 18s need parental consent)
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- Participants should be in good health. On arrival you'll be required to sign a statement of risk confirming that you're in reasonable health and fitness
- Participants will be unable to fly if they are pregnant, have suffered a dislocated shoulder are wearing a hard plaster cast or are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs
- You should allow 1 hour for this experience
Locations: Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire or Trafford Quays in Manchester.