Virgin Experience Days Introductory Flying Lesson
- Was £119.00
- Now £95.00
- Save £24.00
- In Stock
Feel the adrenalin rush as you take the controls of a light plane and soar across the sky! This Virgin Experience Day introductory flying lesson will never be forgotten.
There are more than 40 flying lesson locations to chose from around the country, so you won't have to travel too far to experience this incredible day out.
Your flying lesson starts with a briefing from your instructor before the flight, covering safety and an introduction to some of the controls.
Once in the plane, you will be given headphones so that you can hear conversations between your instructor and air traffic control, and so that you can talk with your instructor. And when you get in the air, you'll be able to take over the controls - though your pilot will generally land the plane and taxi back. You should allow an hour for the whole experience. The flight will last approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Choose from over 40 locations nationwide
- Restrictions: Min age: 12 (under-18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Max height: 6ft 4 inch
- Max weight: 18 stone (114kg)
- Vouchers are valid for 10 months
Virgin Experience Days Sunset Cruise for Two
- Was £170.00
- Now £85.00
- Save £85.00
- In Stock
As you sail out from Brighton Marina with a qualified RYA Instructor at the helm you can choose to sit back and relax or get hands on. You will get to helm and crew the modern performance sailing boats with the instructor guiding you through manoeuvres and during the quieter moments you can sit back and enjoy a glass of bubbly. This voucher is valid until 31st October 2013. It's essential that you book and take you experience before this date as this voucher may not be extended beyond the expiration date. Courses run on selected weekdays and weekends from April 2013 until 31st October 2013. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may not be exchanged for another voucher. The trip out of Brighton Marina is short so you will be out on the sea hoisting the sails in no time. With the prevailing winds you normally have an upwind sail, making the cruise exciting with the boat heeling over, feeling the power of the wind, as you make your way past Brighton and the famous Piers. With the sun (hopefully) setting on the horizon it's time to turn around with the wind behind you as the pace chills out and it's time to crack open a bottle of bubbly for a relaxing sail back into the harbour. Location: Brighton, Sussex. Please allow approximately 2 hours for the whole experience (time spent on the yacht is two hours) Courses run on selected weekdays and weekends from April 2013 until 31st October 2013.We recommend you book at least 4 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on the voucher. Please note: The experience can be very popular during the summer months and we recommend early booking to avoid disappointment.
Virgin Experience Days Harrods Champagne Bar Experience for Two
- In Stock
Set amongst the international fashion collections on the First Floor, the Harrods Champagne Bar allows you to relax in stylish and opulent surroundings. Enjoy a bottle of Champagne in the contemporary bar overlooking the store and an intimate lounge area whilst indulging in fresh strawberries and cream.
Upon arrival at Harrods you will be welcomed to the Champagne Bar. Here you will be served with a bottle of Champagne with fresh strawberries and cream to share. An ideal pre-theatre treat, birthday celebration or simply an opportunity to relax in stylish surroundings. The experience is available Monday to Saturday, all year round, between 12.00 and 20.00.
Explore London's famous West End with this Theatre and Dinner package for two.
This is a fantastic chance to enjoy a delicious dinner for two at a popular central London restaurant before taking in a West End show.The perfect gift for a real theatre lover.
This is the perfect surprise gift for the theatre lover in your life, with a selection of shows to suit all tastes.
- Enjoy a pre-theatre dinner at a central London restaurant, examples of restaurants are Maxwell's, Prezzo, PJ's, Little Sicily and Spaghetti House
- Tickets of two upper circle or balcony seats.
- Choose from a selection of West End shows including: Stomp, Spamalot, Thriller, Woman in Black, 39 Steps and Singing in the Rain.
- Location: London, West End.
- Minimum age: 18
- Available Monday to Thursday, although some shows may be available to book on a Friday.
- This experience is unavailable during the school holidays.
- Not available to wheelchair users due to limited disabled access.
- Beverages not included.
- Transport between restaurant and theatre not included
- All shows are subject to availability and exclusion periods. Participating shows and restaurants are subject to change without notice.
- Vouchers are valid for 10 months
What better way to let your cares and worries melt away than enjoying a day of pampering together with a friend or loved one? Enjoy some real indulgences that will leave you feeling trim and glowing.
You can use all the facilities available at the site you chose, which typically include a swimming pool, steam room, sauna, gym and relaxation area. You will also be treated to two treatments each: a 25 minute Elemis facial and 25 minute Swedish back, neck and scalp massage. Fully trained, professional staff will be on hand to help and guide you, so that you emerge feeling sleek and carefree!
When you arrive at the venue, the facilities and services available to you will be explained, together with the treatments available on the day. The format of the day will vary at each location but typically you will spend about 6-8 hours there.
Locations: Luton, Leicester, Mansfield, Burton on Trent, West Midlands, Peterborough, Norwich, Carlisle, Manchester, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Inverness, Perthshire, Milton Keynes, Esses, Kent, Banbury and Hastings.
- More than 30 locations to chose from England and Scotland.
- Minimum age 18 years
- Suitable for men and women
- You should be in reasonable health and fitness and may be asked to complete a health questionnaire and will not be allowed to participate in certain treatments or facilities if you have certain medical conditions.
- Some treatments not suitable during pregnancy.
- Vouchers valid for 10 months
Virgin Experience Days Premier Stadium Tour and Lunch Experience at Newcastle United Football Club for Two
- In Stock
The Premier Stadium Tour and Lunch experience at Newcastle Utd Football Club is the perfect gift for any football fan. Enjoy a private stadium tour of the facilities where you will be taken to many areas you will not have seen before, including the changing room, the pitch side and the dug outs. You can also enjoy the view from the highest point in the ground. Following your tour, you will be taken to a private executive box over looking the pitch where you can enjoy a sumptuous three course meal and soak up the atmosphere of the stadium. On departure you will be given a certificate and special crested N.U.F.C. gift as a memento of your day. On arrival at 12.00pm in the Glass Atrium Reception, St. James’ Park you will be met by your own personal tour guide who will take you on a very informative tour of the magnificent stadium that is St. James’ Park. When the tour ends, at approximately 1.00pm, your tour guide will escort you to one of the private executive boxes overlooking the hallowed turf where you will be served a three course meal and soak up the atmosphere of the stadium. Following lunch, at approximately 3.00pm, your experience is complete and you will depart with your certificate and special N.U.F.C. crested memento of the day. Please allow approximately 3 hours for the tour and lunch. The experience is available on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Virgin Experience Days London Hilton - 3 Course Meal with Cocktails and Thames River Cruise
- Was £145.00
- Now £87.00
- Save £58.00
- In Stock
Enjoy the Capital at it's best with this delicious three course meal with welcome cocktail at the Hilton London Green Park and a leisurely Thames River Cruise. This voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. It's essential that you book and take your experience before the expiry date, as this voucher may not be extended. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may not be exchanged for another voucher.The Hilton London Green Park hotel is set between the leafy Royal Parks and the shops of Oxford, Regent and Bond Street. The stylish Georgian townhouse hotel is just a short stroll to London attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Harrods and ideal venue to enjoy a three course lunch or dinner with a welcome cocktail. On arrival at the Tiger Green Brasserie at The London Hilton Green Park you will be seated and presented with the menu. Enjoy international cuisine in the elegant surroundings, with separate dining areas and a light-flooded conservatory space. This intimate London Green Park restaurant is popular with hotel guests and locals alike. The innovative lunch and dinner menus offer a wide variety of dishes ranging from Hilton classics like Caesar Salad to their special grills and mouth-watering desserts.Your Thames River cruise will need to be taken between 10.00 and 18.00 and you may embark and disembark from the piers at Westminster, London Eye, Tower and Greenwich, cruising between them as many times as you wish during one day. Your cruise will capture all of London's best loved sights as it passes the grand St Paul's Cathedral, The Tower of London, The Houses of Parliament and The London Eye plus many other historic and famous sites.
Are you ready for the wackiest day of your life? Come and be chauffeured through country lanes in the Worlds fastest street-legal bed. Thunder round a race track on an 87mph sofa. Tame the Double Decker car, as seen on BBC's Top Gear, and pull up a seat to the Worlds fastest office! This truly is the weirdest and wackiest way to travel!
Your 'Wacky' day will include:
- Introduction and safety briefing,
- 3 laps in the Worlds fastest desk (Jackets and ties will be provided as you head off for a chauffeured trip, in a fully equipped office)
- 3 laps in the Worlds fastest sofa (Take a trip to remember in this iconic leopard-skin print 87mph sofa the machine that started the madness. It has appeared on Top Gear, in a pop video, and now you will have place of honour around the racetrack with your driver),
- Half a mile in the double decker (Get behind the wheel in the Double Decker car. You will either be the driver in the top car controlling the steering, or the driver in the bottom car controlling the pedals (clutch, accelerator, brake),
- 5 miles around the countryside in the Worlds fastest bed (Head out onto public roads for a 5 mile adventure tour, safely tucked up under your duvet. Hot water bottles provided!).
- Finally see how some of the worlds wackiest cars are put through their paces in the movie theatre with time to relax,
- Maximum weight 20 stone.
- Drivers must be over 16. Under 16's can participate but cannot take part in the Double Decker experience.)
- No experience required but the ability to drive a car is vital.
- You do not need a full driving licence.
- The experience will take place once every 2-3 months from March - December.
- Spectator admission is £10 per adult - £5 per child.
Location: Northamptonshire - Northampton.
Enjoy a great day out Sea Fishing and experience the thrill of the catch as you go after cod, bass, smoothhounds, ray or congers. You'll spend a day out on the beautiful water of the Bristol Channel learning fishing tips and tricks from your expert skipper and best of all - you can take home anything you catch!
- Welcome and safety briefing,
- Hire of rod, reel and all the bait you'll need,
- Demonstration on how to bait up and cast,
- Expert advice throughout the day,
- A whole day's sea fishing as part of a small group.
- Snacks served at midday and tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Take home Digital photographs of anything you catch.
- Allow approx 8 hours for your experience.
- Location: Wales - Penarth.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a paying parent or guardian.
- If you have any disability or illness that may prevent you from taking part in the experience you must discuss this with the centre prior to booking.
- There is no wheelchair access on the boat.
- Experience unsuitable for spectators.
- Arrival will be early morning and the meeting time confirmed by the centre.
- Please be aware the facilities on the boat are basic.
Virgin Experience Days The Incredible Auto Circus
- Was £149.00
- Now £99.00
- Save £50.00
- In Stock
Join in with the greatest show in town - the Incredible Auto Circus! Definitely not your run-of-the-mill driving experience, this unique experience will see you take part in six of the funniest and most exciting motor racing events. Your day starts with an introduction and safety briefing, before you're kitted out and head on to six amazing motor experiences: Castor Cars Drift Extreme: The latest craze! These purpose-built drifting cars have castors instead of tyres on the back - cue hysterical fun. The Double Decker Showdown: No, it's not a bus! Two cars are stacked one on top of the other - the top driver controls the steering whilst the bottom driver has the pedals. You may have seen this bonkers race on TV; it's fantastic fun on wheels. The Del Boy Rally: Can you guide the entertainingly wobble-tastic Reliant Robin through our crazy dirt/asphalt course? Reverse Steer Head Exploder: This car won't obey your wishes - but it will have your crying tears of laughter as you struggle to race this beast. The Clown Car of Doom: This is the wackiest car around - can you tame it? Ultimate Race-a-Wreck: The most fun you can have on four wheels? Take a dirt oval and a pro-built British Banger car for complete auto melt-down. Your crazy day will conclude with a presentation of certificates and prizes. Location: Northamptonshire - Brafield on the Green Your voucher is valid for nine months from the date of issue. It is essential that you book and take your experience before this date as vouchers may not be extended beyond the expiration date.This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Enjoy this rare chance to experience working with molten glass straight from the furnace. Working with state-of-the-art equipment and the expertise of master glassmakers, the experience day offers all you need for an exciting, educational and unusual experience. By the end of the day you will never see glass in the same way again. This is very much a hands-on experience; there are four students to one tutor. You learn what the equipment in the studio is used for and how to work safely in a challenging environment. You will be guided through the basics of working with hot glass and will become familiar with the tools and equipment. You will move quickly on to gathering glass from the furnace, shaping it and applying colour. These new skills will enable you to make an ornamental piece, such as a paperweight, under the tutor's guidance. Later in the day there will be a demonstration and introduction to glass blowing. This experience is available on selected Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September to May - You will need to allow a total of 6 hours for the experience; arrive, ready to start by 10.30am, break for lunch at approximately 1.00pm; (45 min to an hour) The experience finishes at 4.30pm - Vouchers are valid for 12 month from the date of issue. Location: Westcott, Buckinghamshire.
Swinton Park is an exclusive 30 bedroom luxury castle hotel and the ancestral home of the Cunliffe-Lister family. With stunning gardens, lakes and parkland it is the perfect location for a garden design day with professional gardener Susan Cunliffe-Lister. Join Susan for a Garden Design Day at Swinton Park and learn about planting, planning and designing both a kitchen garden and the gardens in the parkland. Throughout the day practical and constructive tips and suggestions are given for both planting and cultivation, so you can get tips of the trade and apply them to your own garden at home.The day begins around 11.00am when a talk will be given followed by a two course lunch. A tour of the garden and a question and answer session are included before the day finishes around 4.00pm.The group sizes are kept to a maximum of 8 so you have plenty of time to ask questions and take notes. This experience will begin at 11.00am and finish at 4.00pm - This experience is available on selected dates between 1st June and 1st September and vouchers will be valid for 12 month - We recommend you wear clothing appropriate for the time of year. Sturdy footwear or wellington boots are recommended - The weather should not affect your experience. Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire.